How to make Cannabutter
Cooking time: 60 mins
6 servings (makes 1/2 cup of cannabutter)
- 1/4 ounce cannabis buds, finely ground
- 1/2 cup (one stick) salted butter
To make cannamargarine, simply substitute margarine for butter.
- 1 x Grinder
- 1 x Medium Saucepan
- 1 x Wooden Ladle
- 1 x Spoon
- 1 x Metal Strainer
- 1 x Container (with a tight fitting lid)
1. Melt the butter on low heat in a medium saucepan.
2. Add the ground buds to the melted butter a little bit at a time, stirring in between.
3. Simmer on a low heat for 45 min, stirring frequently.
TIP: You should see small bubbles slowly forming on the surface.
4. Strain the butter into the container using the metal strainer to filter out the ground buds.
5. Press the spoon against the ground bud in the metal strainer to release all the cannabutter.
The Finished Result!
You can use the cannabutter immediately or store it in the refrigerator for later.
This recipe can easily scale up for larger batches of cannabutter. The general rule is that 1 pound of butter (4 sticks) can absorb 1 ounce of cannabis. For larger quantities we recommend that you simmer the butter for 60 minutes to get the maximum results!
Note: For medical patients, we recommend using 2 ounces of cannabis for each pound of butter, effectively doubling the strength of the cannabutter.
Raw cannabis contains a lot of THCA which is not psychoactive (and what’s the fun in that?). When you smoke or vaporize marijuana, the cannabis is “decarbed” (decarboxylated) by the heat and becomes psychoactive. If you ingest cannabis, and want the full psychoactive effect, you need to first decarb your cannabis before you cook with it.