Welcome to Natural Health Services. We’re looking forward to becoming your partner in health and helping you access medical cannabis. If you haven’t already booked your appointment, you can do so by visiting our booking system.
If you are currently waiting for your appointment date, or have already visited us but are looking for additional information, you are in the right place.
How it works…
Are you new to Natural Health Services? Here is what you can expect:
1) The first step to getting started with Natural Health Services is to book an appointment. You can do so one of two ways. You can book online, or you can call our Patient Care team at 1-844-262-0942. We’re available for you Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm MST. We are closed all statutory holidays and Sundays.
2) When you come in for your appointment, you will want to bring with you a piece of photo ID and your health care card. While we do our best to stay on schedule, like any speciality clinic, we sometimes run late so please make sure to give yourself enough time.
3) The first part of your appointment is with a physician who will discuss with you whether or not medical cannabis is a fit for you, and address any health concerns you may have.
Please Note: Due to research that indicates cannabis can precipitate psychosis, we will not prescribe to patients who have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder. If you are under the care of a Psychiatrist or MD who is aware of your interest in obtaining a medical cannabis prescription we require a letter and or referral from that Physician.
4) After your appointment with the physician, you will visit the Education Centre where you will sit down with a Patient Educator. Our Patient Educator is trained in providing you with information on consumption methods, strain selection (based on the physician’s recommendations), and Licensed Producer selection.
5) Once you’ve chosen your Licensed Producer, you will fill out the registration form with your Licensed Producer and we will send your medical document to them. The verification process can take up to 2 weeks.
6) Once your account is verified the Licensed Producer will contact you to let you know that you’re ready to order. You can place your order with most producers either by phone or through their website, and your medicine will be delivered to your door by courier service (typically Purolator or Canada Post XpressPost).
7) The final step to maintain your active prescription is to come in regularly for your follow-up appointments. This is a requirement set out by the College of Physicians and Surgeons and is also a great opportunity for you to check-in with us and let us know if you have any questions or concerns, or make changes to your Licensed Producer(s). Please note that this is a required step, and failure to attend your follow-up appointment will result in cancellation of your medical document.
How to prepare for your appointment.
While it’s not required, there are a few things you can do to prepare for your appointment.
- If you are new to cannabis, have a look at our medical cannabis info sheet.
- Start to explore your Licensed Producer options.
* – You can also view the up-to-date list on Health Canada’s website.
- Familiarize yourself with the different consumption methods.
And, don’t worry there won’t be a test. This information is here to help you and so are we! You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and raise concerns at your appointment.
Want to learn more?
At Natural Health Services, we firmly believe that knowledge is power and offer education to our patients. Some of our free education services include:
The Cannabis Show