When we last stepped into the LP spotlight we looked at Green Relief, the world’s foremost aquaponics licensed producer (yup, that means fish are involved). We learned that a star performer from Green Relief is their Sunrise CBD oil (both strengths) that, due to a second purification process, is odorless, tasteless and has the lowest known available amount of THC while still maintaining an entourage effect.
Today, we invite you to step right up into the spotlight of a certified organic licensed producer from British Columbia: Whistler Medical Marijuana. Whistler Medical Marijuana is the organic pioneer in the LP world, having been certified since 2014.
If one were to construct a list of four talking points where this LP shines, it may look something like this:
FOUR TALKING POINTS WHERE THIS LP SHINES:
- Whistler plants are grown in soil, the ‘old fashioned way’ without hydroponics, aeroponics or pesticides.
- Plants are organic, FVOPA certified, and grown slow…by people.
- The plants are watered daily with alpine glacier water, organic and pollutant free.
- They use a blend of organic extra virgin olive oil and organic coconut oil as carrier oils in their cannabis oils.
2. TERPENES ON PARADE:
- Beyond the mandatory available information on CBD and THC contents, and whether the oil or plant is indica or sativa dominant, Whistler also lists its top 3 terpenes in the oils and in the flower. If you haven’t already – try clicking around their website to see how fun and informative this can be. You can download laboratory analytics regarding terpenes and cannabinoids on all of their offerings. This type of detail is currently less common in the LP world than one would hope. It can be very helpful info when you are journalling effects of different strains, and connecting the dots on what your endocannabinoid (ECS) system seems to respond to best.
- Whistler’s oils are strain (or cultivar) specific, meaning they have oils that are often directly formulated from an individual plant, rather than more of a generic CBD or THC broad categorization. This isn’t always the case, especially with oils, so if you know which terpenes and cultivars you respond to best, these oils make it easier to choose. Of course you pay for all this goodness and information. Their vast array of oils run from $95-140 per 30 ml to $170-180 for 60 ml. Given that many patients report that the fuller medicinal profiles and careful handling make it, in some cases, the most effective oils they have tried, allowing them to take less medication to sometimes greater effect, it may well balance out.
- What about pricing for their FVOPA certified organic flower? They have a lot of quality product for that $10/gram mark and others for $12-14/gram.
3. UNIQUE OFFERINGS
- Whistler is one of only a few LPs producing THCA and CBDA oils. This means getting the cannabinoid therapy with no psycho-activation. For those that are sensitive, not partial to, and/or not helped by CBD, THCA can cover off many of the same, and possibly different, medicinal effects, including neurological symptom relief – according to some of our patients. For more info on this check out last week’s blog.
- Whistler is also leading the way by producing an almost balanced blend of THC/CGB oil!
- Whistler offers a premixed topical application called Alpha Topical. It is a higher concentration of organic coconut oil, hand-blended with 3 strain specific THC cannabis oils. You’ll have to keep it in your fridge or it takes on the same oil consistency as the ingestibles. You may apply it to your skin to experience the benefits of THC without any of the psychoactive effects.
4. STARTING MATERIALS:
- If you are considering getting your license to grow at home (or even growing the generally legally allowable 4 plants), you are able to acquire live starting plants from Whistler. They typically have 2 or 3 strains of clones available for purchase. You will be paying $750 for the genetics and $20 per plant after acquiring the genetics to strains like Tangerine Dream (a sativa dominant strain) or LSD (indica dominant).
Oh by the way, shipping from Whistler is free once a month!
If you’re interested in exploring medical cannabis as an option for managing your health goals, you can book a free appointment with our medical professionals by visiting our homepage, or by giving us a call at 1-844-262-0942.
— Kait Shane, Community Outreach Educator at Natural Health Services and Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant (CHNC).